Does anyone notice hair loss with Remicade? Along with all the possible side effects this one gives me stress! I know it’s minor compared to other things that can happen, but it’s like the last straw for me. I like looking my best and not looking sick. Anyone else have this happen?
- if we actually say it hurts, that means it REALLY HURTS
- if we dont say it hurts, it probably still hurts
- if we spoke up every time we were uncomfortable/in pain we would be yelling constantly
- never ask if we’re “still sick”
- never act surprised that we’re “still sick”
- we’re probably gonna be still sick forever so please just be supportive and remember that we’re in pain all the fucking time and thats why we’re slow and forget stuff and flake out on you
I hear celebrities, people who are esthetically beautiful and healthy say this all the time… "I’m so blessed." - My first reaction to that statement is.. well, aren’t we all blessed?
But, I look at those synonyms and I think— what about the homeless, the poor, people who are impaired, people who are fighting Cancer, or people (like myself) with chronic illnesses? Yes, we are alive. Yes, life itself is something to be thankful for, and definitely beats the alternative. But, still, for so many of us… every single day is a struggle.
If you have your HEALTH you are wealthy beyond measure.
I would rather have my health than have a million dollars…I really would.
…’ Health brings a freedom very few realize, until they no longer have it…'
My medication cost for last month was $5,257.49. I paid $283.49 out of pocket, and that’s a lot for me to afford. Oh my God, what would I ever do without Medicare/Medicaid? I am so grateful to have these plans to cover me. No way could I afford that, even if I were able to work as an RN!
Being disabled isn’t just being sick a lot, it’s also being dependent on all sorts of very expensive medications just to keep going day to day!!! It’s really a crime that medication has to cost SO much!